Proof of Concept
For DWS Proof of Concept (PoC) the goal is to integrate with 2 blockchains — Akash and Sia. Akash is part of the Cosmos ecosystem and provides a decentralized marketplace for cloud computing. Sia is the decentralized data storage platform, which is based on the standalone blockchain.
DWS PoC will have following capabilities:
- Decentralized Deployments. Create, manage and fund cloud computing instances provided by Akash. Users will get a large list of VPS (virtual private servers) and services to run from the DWS platform.
- S3 buckets. There will be a combination of solutions: Minio + Sia + Akash + DWS. We improved Minio to make it compatible with S3FS. Users will have the ability to create S3 buckets, where the entry point will live on Akash and the data on Sia. Additionally, these buckets could be mounted as the filesystem disk on any linux machine via s3fs. The DWS platform will help to create, manage and fund.
- DWS Disk. A decentralized alternative to centralized cloud providers. There will be a combination of solutions: NextCloud + Sia + Akash + DWS. In this case, the entry point (NextCloud) will live on Akash and data on Sia.
All of the solutions could be created with just Chrome browser and Keplr wallet extension installed.
There will be 2 ways how user can manage his infra on the DWS platform:
- Fully decentralized. In this approach, only the user will have the access to his infrastructure, but he will need to take care of funding it in time, complete all the signatures for token swap, manage deployments, certificates etc.
- Partially decentralized. In this case, there will be a multisignature address with 2 signers, where in order to sign a transaction, it would be required to get only 1 signature of 2. The first signature belongs to the user, and the second to the DWS platform. That way user can hand over all the token swap process (DWS->AKT, DWS->SC, DWS->HNS etc), infrastructure funding in time to the DWS platform, and so on, which DWS will do automatically for the user. Under this circumstances, the only requirement will be to have enough currency balance on the multisig DWS address.
How will the DWS blockchain communicate with blockchains outside the Cosmos ecosystem?
For the PoC we are implementing a bridge with Sia blockchain. DWS will have a smart contract with wSC token, which will be 1:1 equivalent of the SC.
How bridge will work?
To get bridge working we need to achieve the following milestones:
1. A smart contract with wSC token
2. p2p daemon, which will monitor new incoming transactions to multisignature address in Sia and DWS blockchain
3. Signers, who will have the right of signature in multisignature address
4. Mapping module between external blockchain address (for PoC it is Sia) and DWS blockchain address
5. LP pair DWS<->wSC on osmosis
The minter of wSC will be a multisignature DWS wallet. At the mainnet launch we will choose 10 signers from our validators (in the future the number will be increased), who will have the right to sign transactions, which will be combined into a multisignature address transaction. To broadcast the transaction, the signer will need to collect 80% of the signatures from other signers. All scenarios are handled automatically by the p2p daemon.
So firstly user will need to exchange DWS to wSC on osmosis. Then he needs to do the mapping transaction in DWS blockchain, which will say that address in Sia blockchain belongs to him. After that user can send wSC to multisig address. p2p daemon, running on 10 signers machines in decentralized way, will see that there is a new transaction came to multisig address with wSC from the user DWS address. p2p daemon will check within DWS blockchain what is the Sia address of the user. If there is no mapping transaction, the tokens will be sent back and a small fee will be charged. If p2p daemon was able to find the Sia address, it would generate the transaction in Sia blockchain and send it to other signers. Once the consensus of 80% will be reached, transaction will be broadcasted in the Sia blockchain. The same algorithm will work other way round, when user is sending Sia coins to the multisig address in the SIA blockchain.
Also, all of this can be achieved automatically, if the user were to choose the Partially decentralized approach.
How will it work with Akash?
This is extremely common now in the Cosmos ecosystem. The user or the DWS platform will be able to exchange DWS to AKT in the Osmosis DEX by transferring DWS via IBC.
What projects future plans?
After the Mainnet will be launched, we will start adding other great solutions like Handshake, Mysterium VPN, NYM etc. Please keep an eye on our roadmap.
Deweb main goal is to give the world access to decentralized censorless solutions in a much easier approach by being straightforward as well as by hiding the zoo of tokens under DWS.